Posted on May 22, 2013
This year Science Week will take place from 10 to 17 November 2013. One of DSE’s key inputs to Science Week is the provision of science roadshows to event organisers around the country. We are currently updating the list of providers and require specific information in order to select suitable shows. The theme for this year’s Science Week is “Science Week 2013 – Exploring the XTRA-Ordinary”.
- Event organisers around the country include science festivals, universities, institutes of technology, libraries, etc.
- DSE offers free science shows to the event organisers and their role is to provide the venue, liaise with the science show performer, invite the audience (either primary or second level) and have someone available on the day to oversee the event.
- DSE selects the science show providers and allocates them to event organisers for ONE day (typically three show performances) during Science Week. Contact details are provided to both the event organiser and the show performer and they must liaise on the logistics.
- Shows are performed as agreed.
- Invoices are submitted to SFI by the roadshow performer as agreed.
Science performers/roadshows/communicators that wish to be included on the database should complete the following form and provide as much detail as possible. Forms should be returned by email to email@example.com by 14 June 2013.